As we head into mid-term season, building health breaks into your workday is key. If music helps you recharge, check out our libguide dedicated to online sources for audio recordings and discographies. The Naxos Music Library features over 2 million tracks of standard and rare repertoire from a wide range of labels. Listen on your mobile device by downloading the Naxos app (available for Apple or Android mobile devices), create your own playlists featuring favourite tracks, or listen to fun, seasonal playlists curated by staff at the Marvin Duchow Music Library. Please note that McGill users need to create a personal account prior to using the app.
Looking for an alternative to Netflix? McGill students, faculty and staff members have access to millions of items found in our catalogue like video streaming service Kanopy and e-book/audiobook platform OverDrive. Access our online video and film libguide for a comprehensive listing of downloadable and streaming media.
Looking for other ways to beat stress? Bookmark the Library’s health & wellness page for tons of other e-resources that are sure to delight, inform and entertain.
To give you a taste of what’s available to the McGill community, we dug deep into our circulation statistics for OverDrive and Kanopy to give you the top 10 most requested and accessed e-resources this fall. Looking for something we don’t have? Suggest a purchase. And remember, when it comes to orientation, mid-terms, finals and everything in between the Library is always here to help!
10 most requested items on OverDrive
- Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones (Audiobook)
- How to be an antiracist (ebook)
- Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones (ebook)
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind (audiobook)
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind (ebook)
- The Vanishing Half (ebook)
- Untamed (ebook)
- Designing Your Life: How to Build a Well-Lived, Joyful Life (ebook)
- Such a Fun Age (ebook)
- Caste: The Origins of Our Discontents (ebook)
10 most-watched films on Kanopy (past 30 days)
- M (The Criterion Collection)
- Assessment and Engagement in Family Therapy (Psychotherapy.net)
- The Rules of the Game (The Criterion Collection)
- Rashomon (The Criterion Collection)
- Hale County This Morning, This Evening: An Intimate Portrait of the Lives of African Americans in the South (Films We Like)
- 306 Hollywood: What Life Remains in the Objects we Leave Behind (Giant Interactive)
- When Two Worlds Collide: A Battle for Indigenous Amazonian Land (First Run Features)
- Bad Sugar (California Newsreel)
- Late Spring (The Criterion Collection)
- Fires on the Plain (The Criterion Collection)