Find your cause
McGill24, the university’s annual day of giving, will have its 3rd installment on March 14th 2018.
We see it as an opportunity for McGill community members to dedicate themselves to a cause that resonates with them.
For many, that cause is the Library.
The impact of giving to the Library
Gifts to the Library have an immediate impact, providing students with the tools they need to nurture their curiosity, achieve academic success and go on to fulfilling careers. The following are just a few of the many things made possible through recent donations.
- Renovation of the Colgate Room in Rare Books and Special Collections thanks to the Joan and Clifford Hatch Family Foundation – transformed into a flexible space for both lectures and classes.
- The Sheila R. Bourke Rare and Special Children’s Literature Collection – used in teaching and learning and available online as a digital collection.
- Student internships in the McGill Visual Arts Collection (VAC) – gives students the chance to gain valuable work experience while also helping with the day-to-day management of over +2,500 artworks as well as outreach and art education initiatives.
- David Edwards Fund for Digitization – makes rare and special materials immediately accessible to an international audience.
- The Michele Larose-Osler Artist-in-Residence programme – promotes interaction with the Osler Library’s history of medicine materials in new and surprising ways.
- Outreach – connects the Library with a number of local schools which in 2017 included visits by grade school and high school students to the Every Stamp a Story exhibition and the Osler Library of the History of Medicine.
The Library of the future
With Fiat Lux, the Library is looking to the future and to a building project that would answer the concerns of the McGill community, providing a world-class teaching and learning centre technologically equipped for the 21st century.
Be the change
Many students, faculty and researchers call the McGill Library their “home away from home”.
On March 14th, let’s come together with the common goal of ensuring that this “home” offers them inspirational collections, cutting-edge facilities and services that respond to their individual and changing needs.
Get involved by visiting our Giving Page.
Join McGill’s social media Thunderclap by clicking here.