What is the Open Library?
During the month of February, McGill Library is offering a number of workshops to help the community better understand the concept of “open” that we’ve been hearing so much about – be that open access, open resources, or open data. Workshops are open to students, staff, faculty, and alumni at McGill. Workshops include:
- Open Access and Your Scholarship (registration required)
- Open Access Sources: your key to accessing free and reliable research beyond the university gates
- Visualization Workshop for Humanities Scholars: Doing Humanities in a World of Data (registration required)
- Connecting with reliable, open access health information on the Web
- Wikipedia edit-a-thon: McGill in Montreal (registration required)